Environmental Health and Safety is a core value at GBC Construction. Each jobsite diligently works to create an environment that is free from all injuries. This is accomplished by:
- Encouraging and empowering all employees to identify unsafe conditions and stop unsafe acts.
- Pre-task planning at all stages of the project.
- Continued education for all employees.
- OSHA 30 training requirements for foreman level and above management.
- Close collaboration with our clients to ensure all public safety needs are exceeded.
- Jobsite audits, weekly safety meetings, and sharing lessons learned.
- Prompt reporting of all injuries and near misses.
- Daily subcontractor coordination
GBC Construction continues to successfully demonstrate that high risk activities can be accomplished, without compromising quality, schedule, or safety. GBC Construction employs a full time Construction Health and Safety Technician (CHST) certified by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
GBC Construction’s current EMR is .58.